Our nation’s power grid is feeling the strain of storms, human error, and uncontrollable circumstances on systems that are sometimes decades old.
PTI’s automated remote battery monitoring system for utility substations is an advanced system that increases reliability of the switchgear, telecom, and generator-start batteries while reducing maintenance costs. The PTI battery monitoring system also meets PRC-005-2 requirements for NERC compliance.
PTI’s remote battery monitoring solution for utilities tests the substation batteries daily to reduce the risk of failures.
It can also integrate into your SCADA system using DNP3 or Modbus communications. This allows you to have centralized monitoring of all remote batteries and to integrate this into your existing maintenance procedures.
Benefits of using an automated battery monitoring system for utilities and remote sites:
- NERC compliance requirements
- Save Time and expense of battery maintenance at remote sites
- Eliminate the risk of battery failure
- Eliminate indiscriminate battery replacements – saving costs
- Improve safety in the workplace
- Reduce number of necessary site visits to remote locations
- Reduce maintenance costs