Preventing Data Center Inefficiencies with Cooling Technology
Hyper-scale workloads are creating a demand on the IT requirements within the data center. Around the end of the last decade, a server rack’s power density was typically in the 3kW to 5kW range. Driven by business consumers that range has increased due to the higher demands on computing. Some data center operators are now seeing rack power density to be in the 5kW to 13kW range, while others are dealing with higher ranges of 25kW to 40kW.
This rate of increased computing is forcing some companies to invest heavily in new data center cooling technologies. In fact, most of the energy inefficiencies in data centers can be traced back to insufficient or use of the wrong cooling technologies within the infrastructure.
Predictive Technology, Inc
PTI offers an array of solutions that will provide the right cooling for your specific needs from small computer rooms to enterprise data centers.
- Room Cooling (CRAC) systems provide the precise control of computer room operating environments and continuous stable operation of equipment.
- In-Row Cooling solves high-density challenges with flexible, efficient, scalable cooling and containment solutions.
- Rack Cooling allows you to maximize protection with scalable, space-saving solutions for rack densities up to 35kW.
- Cold Aisle Containment isolates the cooled supply air from the CRAC units within direct proximity of the air intake of critical equipment.
- Hot Aisle Containment channels the heat from the server exhaust directly back to the returns on the cooling units.
- Portable Cooling protects critical electronics from high temperature environments.